Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dust Bowl Chic...


My last blog sent me on a search for a photo of an abandoned home to add to my tongue-in-cheek naming of a fictious trend of home decorating referred to as "dust bowl chic". I was reminded of how much I love photos of abandoned homes and photos of the depression era. I recently spent three hours hanging out of an RV window driving through Eastern Washington State with my camera, taking photos of boxy wooden shells set against formidable barren terrains.
Check out:

http://www.photographyblogger.net/30-cool-abandoned-house-pictures/

Also, the works of Dorthea Lang!
Shown above, "Tractored Out, Childress County, Texas,” 1938, Oakland Museum of California, City of Oakland, Gift of Paul S. Taylor. ©The Dorothea Lange Collection, Oakland Museum of California, City of Oakland, Gift of Paul S. Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment