Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Farm Chicks...


I have been hearing a lot locally about the Farm Chicks for several years now. The Farm Chicks are promoters of antique shows that usually occur on Eastern Washington. Living in Seattle and raising two kids, I never seem to make it. Supposedly they are a good time and lots to be found.

I happened to google them recently and didn't expect to find much, but "POW" was I wrong! The website is so lovely to look at at and so well put together. I've decided the vibe is very "Mayberry," if Andy, Opie and good 'ol Aunt Bea had lived in a technicolor world of luscious red cherry pies, instead of a grainy gray one.

From the site: "What is a Farm Chick? A Farm Chick is a girl who sees the world through rose-colored glasses. She loves her family. She laughs a lot. She's farmgirl meets Fifth Avenue and with a little style, she'll change the world". I'll have to forgive the Farm Chicks for thinking "chicks" are only of the female gender on the farm. Maybe, as a guy, I'm just a little envious of all the peach pickin' good time the chicks seem to have!

Check out the site and Serena's blog. Immerse yourself in all the pie-cooling-on-the-window-sill-goodness of it all.

Photo:
http://www.thefarmchicks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment