Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Paper Whimsies...



I really enjoy looking through the pages of etsy and am amazed at how many artisans there are out there, making their humble crafts and contemporary folk art. I see a lot of products that lack individuality and pure creative spirit and am always so excited to see something I have never seen before or find truly inspired.

So tonight I happened upon SimpleJoysPaperie's shop. They are out of Tennessee and produce what they refer to as "Paper Whimsies." The most interesting are wrist cuffs made from vintage book spines. I love books and typography so that is probably why they caught my eye. I also love the use of 18th century paper art elements in such items as paper weights, wreathes and note cards.

1 comment:

  1. I ♡♡♡♡ these Wrist Cuffs, what a great way to subscribe to the past.

    ReplyDelete