Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Ornamental Wire Fencing...



Next to a good traditional picket fence, I love the ornament wire fencing associated with the 1920's. It achieves a beautiful patina over time and offers protection to vegetables while allowing good air flow. This crimped wire fencing also makes the perfect support for trailing sweet peas or clematis, and adds the perfect old fashioned element to a cottage garden.

I kept an eye out at our local salvage stores and even ran ads on Craigslist, but never had any luck finding the vintage fencing (sadly, I'm sure it ends up at a dump when removed from most older homes). I couldn't find any local sellers of the contemporary version, so ended up doing some investigation online. Here are two links from sellers I located. When I ordered mine, it arrived in a big bale, with straps around it!

http://www.hutchison-inc.com/html/fence_wire/fence/ornamental.php
http://www.afence.com/store/product.php?productid=19530&cat=464&page=1

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    The site is about ornamental wire fencing, it is very good try to decorate your fence with some light weighted flowers and leaves to a gentle look. This post is great. Thank you for this post. I like this kind of people who share their knowledge with others.

    Farm Fencing

    ReplyDelete